Dealership walk through

Discuss these hardside and hybrid camper trailers packed with amenities.
rbrent

Re: Dealership walk through

Post by rbrent » September 1st, 2015, 1:00 am

The first was a molding had to be put on the front where the diamond plate meets the fiberglass so as to not leak between the two surfaces and the other one I just got and haven't had a time to schedule a appointment to get it fixed, It has something to do with brackets holding the furnace down as to not move during travel creating a exhaust leak between the furnace and outside vent. which would allow carbon monoxide inside the trailer! :shock:
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

uct

Post by uct » August 31st, 2015, 11:03 am

rbrent wrote:Just look everything over real good check for loose or missing molding, make sure everything works make them move the slide in and out if you have one, same with the awning, look in all the cupboards forere any loose material, and water leaks in the lower cupboards where the water lines run through. If they will let you get on the roof and inspect the chalking around the vetnts and along the edges for cracks or missing chalk! and make sure you ask any questions that come to mind there is no wrong questions! Good Luck with your purchase and enjoy it as much as possible :D

P.S. Ask if any recalls have been announced for your model and if they have been completed! I've had 2 recalls on my 2015 24rls since I bought it last oct.
what were the 2 recalls
Gary and Karla Beagles Maddux and Smoltz
2013 f 150 5.0 crew tow package
2016 24 rls

dheasman

Post by dheasman » August 31st, 2015, 2:28 am

Will do, thank you for the tips!

rbrent

Post by rbrent » August 31st, 2015, 1:22 am

Just look everything over real good check for loose or missing molding, make sure everything works make them move the slide in and out if you have one, same with the awning, look in all the cupboards for any loose material, and water leaks in the lower cupboards where the water lines run through. If they will let you get on the roof and inspect the chalking around the vents and along the edges for cracks or missing chalk! and make sure you ask any questions that come to mind there is no wrong questions! Good Luck with your purchase and enjoy it as much as possible :D

P.S. Ask if any recalls have been announced for your model and if they have been completed! I've had 2 recalls on my 2015 24rls since I bought it last oct.
Bob and Margaret
2015 Launch Ultra Light 24RLS
2016 Chevrolet 1500 Double Cab
Westland, Michigan

dheasman

Dealership walk through

Post by dheasman » August 31st, 2015, 12:52 am

We just purchased a 2015 Launch 26BHS. We had an old tent trailer before so this "upgrade" is new territory for us. Any advice on what to really watch an or look for tomorrow during our walk through before accepting delivery? Thanks!